Friday, October 27, 2006

I have to post pictures of our family trip to the corn maze last Sunday but just had to blog about my recent SF trip. Janna, my 2nd oldest friend (longevity not age) came out again for a conference. We have been fortunate that the last 5 years she has had an expense paid trip from Maryland to SF and we have been able to see each other. How great to catch up with old friends. I have known her since 7th grade and really not much has changed in how we interact! She loves adventure so we hit Chinatown and got Dim Sum (which was on her list to do) on Tuesday. This was new for me but my friend Amy recommended Golden Moutain on Broadway and Grant. YUMMY! I let Janna pick since she knew what she was doing and I loved it all. Basically people walk around with carts of bamboo containers that hold all kinds of things like dumplings, noodle creations and desserts! We stuffed ourselves. Then we shopped in Chinatown which we both love to do. I went nuts - really what was I thinking?! I bought 3 purses!! And the sad part is as I was driving home I was looking at one and then it hit me - that is the ugliest purse I have ever seen! I just got so caught up in having fun (and of course Janna was no help). I LOVE the third purse I got and it is so me and the 2nd will be cute for Christmas parties or my other work events (it's a little beaded evening bag).

Wednesday I drove up there after work and we went to dinner (with her husband Chris) and went to go see Beach Blanket Babylon. I had heard so much about this show from co-workers and thought it would be a good "new" thing to do with out of town quests. Well, Janna said it was a "hoot" (not sure what that means) but I think it is the type of show that if you were REALLY gay you would love it. I don't even know how to describe it. Kind of a vaudeville act with lots of singing, innuendos and really garish wigs and hats. The elderly ladies in front of us got a kick out of it if that is saying anything. So it reaches the demographic of gay and elderly. That's San Francisco for you - there is something bizarre for everyone!!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

SF -- bringing the gay and the elderly together. :)
I need pics of the bags.
NOW. :)

Michellefinaz said...

chinatown purses, we totally should have gone there. I can't wait to see them, awesome to hear you had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

hey kent how are ya?

i would love to go to san franscico one day.

Anonymous said...

ha ha!! that was funny about the ugly purse! BBB is great. been to it several times. like how it changes with whatever is current in the media...glad you had fun. love the city!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online