Tuesday, February 06, 2007

WOW - I actually had to be told to go look at a thread someone posted about me. Erin, fellow Garage Girl just blew me away. Me an inspiration really?? And what is so odd about this is that I have been thinking that I am a "Jonathan" to a lot of "Davids". If you are not familiar with the Bible - Jonathan and David were best buds but Jonathan was more in the background to David. David had all the drama in his life and all the attention but Jonathan was just kind of there being a good friend, a good support and a cheerleader for David. He believed in him and was so loyal. So a lot of the time I feel like a Jonathan. Yeah I may have some talents but I never really am great at one thing. I have been blessed to have people around me that are really great but I always feel I am "off" just a tad - not quite making it there. I try not to get too frustrated by it. It's good to be a cheerleader right? Another friend told me not too long ago they would "pay to have a little of the talent I have" and I was thinking what? Are you crazy - I am just good at figuring things out and doing what I can. But she was talented too just not in the ways I am. And that is the point. Everyone has a talent to share and everyone needs to have that encouragement. I would never want anyone to feel that they are not good enough or nothing is special about them or what they can do. Sometimes in the wacky scrapbooking world this happens. People aren't "in" or "known". I think that is why I subconsciously do not remember "who is who" in the scrapbooking world. I think everyone has something to offer that is awesome even if they aren't in magazines or in the spotlight. If I get any recognition, I just want to turn it into encouraging others to create and be happy with what they can do and not compare themselves to others. I better get off my soapbox now. See what you started Erin! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kent, you are totally the David amogst a bunch of Jonathans. I'm not sure I'd ever heard that story before. Very cool.

Suzy West said...

Kent you are an inspiration to me too!!!
Love ya girlie!!

Anonymous said...

cool story kent. thanks for sharing! and trust me, you inspire lots of people in more ways than one!! :)

Unknown said...

You are very inspiring!! Very talented girlie!! I love love love your stuff!! That includes your knitting, cause goodness knows I can't get those needles to work for me!! =) Keep rockin' the house sister!

Anonymous said...

this is why YOU are my GIRL!!! i love your work and glad we connected in this crazy scrapbook world. i so agree with you, everyone has a little something to offer, which is alot. being creative is endless and has no boundaries, and cannot be bottled up and labeled. love your post!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online