I just realized last night as were we walking into the movie theater that we have seen a lot of movies this summer. It's probably not the best thing to be doing since I have the summer "off" (big joke here if you call working on the house flip being "off) and movies cost so much these days. My husband tried to use that "off" statement once but he stopped mid sentence when he realized how ridiculous that sounded because I have been free labor at the house this summer. Anyway I digress...here are the movies we have seen and my reviews.

The boys wanted to see this and I thought it would be boring but it was cute and original. We had fun watching it and it is a good family film.

We were so looking forward to this movie and if I had seen it with just Matt I probably would have liked it better. I made a bad parent move and brought the boys before we parents saw it first. First of all the previews made me cringe. Really hoping Timmy does not remember some of those images from the teen movie previews they had. The movie overall I thought was great and I want to see it again. I thought the main character was funny. Not sure what was up with the girl character but I liked the army aspect of it. The special effects were great and they really did do the toys and cartoon justice. I was wondering how they would pull it off without being hoky. Matt and I looked at each other after the opening scene and said "this is NOT like the cartoon!" Unfortunately they had to thrown in some adult humor and more violence then I thought was necessary but I should have been more responsible as a parent.

Ok I am going public - I am a HUGE Harry Potter geek. I have read, reread all the books. This one was my favorite one of them all so I was super excited to see it (sorry Shannon M. I couldn't wait). There are so many good parts in it that unfortunately did not make it to the big screen. My fellow HP geek son, Timmy, that I happily created so we could discuss at length all the ins and outs of the books, was also disappointed and after the movie we listed all the things we wanted to see that were left out. I could list them all here but I am have already admitted I am a geek and don't want to scare anyone anymore. The movie was so serious that if they had thrown in some of the more creative stuff it would have been better. Anyway, it was a weird to see Harry all grown up and they did have some good scenes. Sadly the last book is coming out next week but I can't wait to read it.

This is the one we saw last night. I LOVED it!! Wow so nice to see Hollywood do something "biblical" with respect. It was great. I thought they pulled the concept off great and we laughed A LOT!! So nice to see something together as a family like this. I also even shed a few tears. I think Morgan Freeman as God explaining how the God thing works was done so well. I loved the part how he explains that we pray to have more courage, more patience etc but we think He will just give it to us but he doesn't work that way. He give us opportunities to learn that ourselves. That little part hit me. I know I am supposed to be learning stuff from the Harding house - patience, endurance etc but I don't think I am doing it with a lot of grace. Anyway - I would recommend this to EVERYONE to go see!

I am a Typist.

5 comments:
They look good! I still have to go see HP... no IMAX for me this time though. :)
You've watched a ton of movies. Thank you for the reviews.
We are going to see HP tomorrow night, I'm a fan, but not a nutty fan like you, hahahaha. I'm sure it will be really good. I read the book so long ago that it will be a joy and then I'll probably go out and reread it again. My dad will have the new book on his doorstep on Saturday. It was his Father's Day gift from me.
wow...you have seen quite a few! we LOVEd ratatouille, and haven't seen the others yet. good to hear about evanalmighty. we 'll try to catch that one.
we did see ocean's thirteen. LOVEd that, course with that cast, i don't think you could ever go wrong!
happy summer!
Hey aunt kent!
Its cool that you did all those movie reviews, i've gone to see two of those so far. Ratatouille was my absolute favorite, it was hilarious. It didnt hurt that i was in french last year either :P And i really liked evan almighty too, we share the same favorite part :]
The other movie i would not reccommend was license to wed :P.Sesha and i went to see it last week. I thought it would be funny, with the Robin Williams as a priest given marraige test, etc...but it was more like a horror movie. Well there were no bad images or anything like that, but it was so AGGRIVATING to watch the priest {and really everyone else in the movie}do all the stuff to this couple, particularly the guy :P. The end was better though, but its not worth paying the theatres to see :/
It looks like you've gotten your fair share of summer movies though, so i dont have to worry about that? :]
Hey Kent -
So, I told you I would give you my review of HP. First I want to say that I've seen quite a few movies in the theater myself this summer - and I'm not "off" as you put it...so don't feel bad. It works well when someone else pays the bill though :)
So far I've seen...Transformers, HP, Live Free or Die Hard, 1408, Oceans 13, Pirates and Fanstastic Four...to name a few. Liked all of them...Die Hard was probably the best as far as "insane and unrealistic action/people should die sequences). I want to see Ratatouille but only after people said it was good. The previews didn't do it justice.
As far as Harry Potter (I almost typed Happy Rotter), I loved it just as much as all the others. I guess my darkside finds common ground in those movies. I love the darkness and the mystery. Unlike you, I haven't read the books. Not really by choice, I just don't have time to read. And, if I find time to read it has to be spirit feeding time :) Okay, heres a new goal....read all the HP books before the next movie. I think Jake owns them all so I think I can do it!
It was good seeing you and your family :) You all look great! See you soon...and hope things with the house upgrade go smoothly.
Love,
Chella
Post a Comment