Thursday, December 22, 2005


Sights of the Season

I got this idea from my friend, Sylvia's blog and wanted to share some of my holiday decorations. Here is our tree. We like to have a colorful kid tree with all of the kid's handmade ornaments and ones that I have given them over the year's. Here is the snowman ornament I made for them last year. My son Timmy made the star on top and it really looks a lot more colorful than the photo. Someday, I'll have a fancy tree with glass bulbs and Victorian ornaments but for now while the kids are young it will be a fun, colorful tree.


I also like to set up my Dicken's village houses. I put them all along the top of my Mother's bookcase. I started her on this collection years ago and then inherited pieces from her and my grandparents. I am still on the lookout for the Nichol's toy shop and want to add that to my collection.

This year, I set up my mother's nutcrackers on top of the curio cabinet that was also hers. I gave her some of these and it was fun to look for unusual ones (they had to be from Germany) to give to her. They boys really like to see them out but they want to use them to crack nuts!


These are my favorite things to set up at Christmas time - my mangers! I started collecting manger scenes a while ago and now I think I have 9 of them - all different types. I like to look for unusual ones.



One of my favorites was given to me by my Aunt and it is from France. The peices are no bigger than 2"! I just love them all! After all - that is what Christmas is all about - celebrating the birth of Christ!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Kent, that's so fun! I love all your collections and we too have a very kid-friendly tree. Basically, the holiday's for them... why not? :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kent!

Anonymous said...

cool! thanks for sharing these pics. i love looking at christmas decorations and what everyone has. so fun!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online