
Our day at Hicklebee's! So today after school, I took the boys to a cute little bookstore that is across from their school. I had noticed that one of the authors of a book series that Timmy reads was going to be there today doing a book signing. I had NO idea how popular this guy was. The place was packed and it was one of the hottest days in San Jose and was the store's air conditioner even working?!! Timmy was very patient though waiting his turn to sign his books. Rick Riodin also did a presentation where he read from his newest book and I was impressed! He also said he started writing when he found out his oldest son was ADHD and dyslexic. He would tell him Greek Myths and when he ran out of stories to tell his son told him he should just make some up and he did and that is how it all started. So that impressed me even more. He has 4 books out I believe and there will be a movie out next year.So I think I will try to read these over the summer. So cool to see kids so enthusiastic about an author. When I grow up, I'd like to be a children's author some day!


I am a Typist.

1 comment:
this is very cool! how are you?
s.
Post a Comment