Wednesday, December 20, 2006


All I have to say is WOW what a good movie. My friend Susan and I had the chance to sneak away from all the Christmas stuff left to do and went to see this movie lasy night. First of all this makes me love Will Smith even more. He did such a great job and is there anything he can't do - he does funny movies, action, serious etc. I just hope he doesn't go off the deep end some day(like Tom Cruise) because I would be crushed.

I just can't even begin to explain this movie. It is so simple is some ways but in others it is very profound. They did a great job capturing the "desperateness" of the situation and the inner strength he had to perservere. It stirred up so much emotion in me I had to keep myself from sobbing at the end but Susan had red eyes too so I didn't feel too weird. I grew up with a single Mom and things were rough (okay not standing in the line hoping to get a cot at the homeless shelter rough) but there were times we had to live with other people and my Mom struggled to make ends meet. I remember in elementary school I had to walk from school to an outdoor shopping center and wait for my mother to pick me up when she got off work. Can you imagine a little girl just wandering around a shopping center for hours by herself? I certainly was protected. When I got older I would take a bus and I was a latch key kid. Some of the scenes with the boy in the movie I could really relate too. Looking at other families and wishing I could have a family like that. I think kids who grow up in that situation have to grow up too fast. They carry a lot of their parent's burdens and worries. Sometimes I wonder how my mother did it (even though it sure could have been better and some of that she could have prevented but still single parents have it rough). I just think of my boys. They haven't had to deal with a lot of the stuff I did when I was their age. I hope they never do and I hope I can do that for them.

Anyway - see the movie and tell me what you think!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is on my list, along with the holiday! oh, to have the energy to watch a movie...lol.

Anonymous said...

aw, kent. made me sad again reading this post... :) hope you got to finish all your christmas stuff and are able to relax before the big day!!

Anonymous said...

i really want to see this movie. i heard it was very good. i may check this out next weekend!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online