Thursday, January 25, 2007

I wasn't sure what to type as an update to my blog so here goes! I went to my church's women's retreat last weekend with my friend Susan (and also Julie was supposed to go but that will be explained later). It was up in the the Santa Cruz Mtns (Boulder Creek for those of you who know where that is). I think I was expecting some profound spiritual thing to happen but really it was just a nice time which some weird incidents thrown in. Susan, Julie and were supposed to all drive up there together but Rob (who is our friend and my husband's boss) had to work late so Susan and I left and Julie was supposed to meet us. That turned into her meeting us Saturday morning instead but then she got a call from her husband who was sick with the "stomach flu" and so she had to turn around and go back home. Meanwhile Susan and I got to play some great tennis on a beautiful day at the Boulder Creek Country club which their version of a country club is a bar - no joke. Since my phone wouldn't work in the Mtns, I decided to give Julie a call on my way home on Sunday. She answers the phone crying and they are in the hospital. Rob's stomach flu was an appendicitis which later infected his whole insides. I'll spare you the gory details but I picked up their boys and we had a slumber party Sunday night and we have been making treks to the hospital in Gilroy visiting them (he probably will be there a total of 5 days or more). So that just goes to show you never know what life will throw you. Also it goes to show that some friends you have known so long that they are like family and so when things like this happen you do drop everything and try to help with whatever they need. Rob and Matt have known each other since the early 90s when they met and decided to form a band. Rob came out from Arkansas and has been here ever since. Then I came along shortly after and all three of us have known each other forever with a whole lot of history inbetween. His wife Julie and I have become close to it makes the circle complete. I know that they would do the same for us if we were in their situation and it is good to know you have friends like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, a good friend is worth their weight in gold!

Anonymous said...

i'll say a special prayer for your friends:)

Anonymous said...

oh wow! hope everything is better for your friends now.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online