Monday, January 01, 2007

Ok - well I have to get myself out of this slump and nothing like being creative to help do this. So here are some projects I have been working on.
I finally finished this calendar I have been working on since November. I have a bad habit of stalling right when something is almost done and that is what happened here. It was inspired by an article in the Simple Scrapbooks Nov issue. I like my take on it better though! :-) I used two different sizes of the Canvas Concepts, painted them black and made all the numbers and months. I used black velcro to adhere it and then I can change it around for each month. I can also change the picture at the top and post a different layout each month. Next I have decided to learn how to knit socks! I have been wanting to for a while and I picked it up fairly easy except it is hard to get started on double point needls. Now Timmy wants me to knit him a pair of green ones!
Sorry for the photo exposure - it lools like we are a ghost family! Just wanted to show what I made last night while waiting for it to be midnight. Every year I take our family photo card and turn it into an ornament. It is very simple yet I love having all the photos on the tree. Thought I would just pass along that handy craft idea!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pepetual calendar, very cute. I also think the socks are SUPER cute.
But, the ornament idea is great, I might have to steal that... very cute!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! love your calendar and how flexible you made it. i will have to talk to you in person about it all, and perhaps see it someday, as i LOVE that idea, a nd would like to scraplift your take on it:)

great job!

Anonymous said...

awesome, awesome, awesome! great job kent! love everything. those socks are super cool!! ;)

Michellefinaz said...

I love that calendar idea, so cool, definitely have to do that as well, put it on the long to do list.

I can't believe you are already done with one sock, it looks great. I'll be done with my first one today, can't wait to work on the second one.

Anonymous said...

awesome projectgs. i love to knit socks as well!

Unknown said...

WoW Kent! You have been seriously working with the mojo!! Send some vibes over here sister!! Can't wait to see you sometime soon!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online