Monday, September 01, 2008



I'm back from my world wind trip to DC. The wedding was beautiful. My friend Lisa-Beth is a violinist for the Philadelphia orchestra so the music was amazing. I had fun running around with my other high school friend Janna as we got last minute wedding errands done.

I got to sneak in a trip to the National Cathedral which may seem like just another tourist spot for some but it really has A LOT of personal history for me. My mother went to NCS (girl's school), he and my father got married at the Cathedral and her funeral was there as well. That all didn't really hit me until I walked inside. I hadn't been back since her funeral. Also when I was growing up she worked at St. Alban's (boys school on the grounds) and I worked at Beauvoir (elem school also on the grounds) during the summer so I spent a lot of time hanging out there. That is probably where my love for old churches, all things carved and wrought iron came from. Here are some of my favorite shots I took!








1 comment:

Michellefinaz said...

amazing photos, glad you had such a great time. I'm so dealing with jetlag today, how are you doing?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online