Saturday, December 09, 2006


"Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you DRAW my sleigh tonight?!" This kid cracks me up. This is exactly the scene I walked into on the way home tonight from one of Timmy's play performances. Tyler is wearing his reindeer antlers from his school performance (which was so cute by the way and it cracks me up that I think any school performance is just as good as a broadway play). He is freeze framing one of his cartoons on tv and drawing the character's expressions. Does he draw better this way? I don't know but I say let the artist be. Note the present in front of him. He keeps wrapping up "presents" for us and putting them under the tree. Sometimes he decides they aren't really presents and takes them back out and opens them himself.

So Christmas is in full swing. Here are some brief notes:

1. Thanks to those that gave me their input on our family photos. I think we decided on one (won't say which one) and our Christmas cards may even be a Montez original design this year. So excited! Can't wait to get that crossed off my to do list.

2. Knitting up some evening bags and trying to finish up my orders. Have not put them online yet to sell. Debating that. Got a request from my neice that her Christmas present be a pink, fuzzy poncho. How can I say no? So I have that project going as well.

3. Participating in a picture a day for a month project. That has been fun but almost forgot one day but I snapped a pic before I went to bed. Hard part will be the journaling and I better start on that before I get too far.

4. Have a cookie swap coming up. Never participated in one and not a very good cook so I have to find a good and easy recipe - any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i see these photos. did i miss them?

Anonymous said...

Aww Timmy is so adorable!

4. I make cookies from the box - is this cheating for a cookie swap?

Try
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/baking/cookies/main.aspx
They have tons of recipies!

2. Sorry these replies are going to be out of order since I read your entry from the bottom and then moved up and then in the middle now. My mom is thinking about getting me a sewing machine! I know sewing is totally different from knitting but I want to start sewing so I can make this:
http://rootote.com/scb/setup/img/store_rt_crb_03.jpg
It's sold out or else I would buy it from the website. Plus I need to take a dress in & fix some pants. Anyway I thought of that because I remember the clothes you make by knitting.

3. That sounds really interesting and fun!

Krista Lund said...

hey kent- where is the pic a day challenge? we are doing on at scrapvillage.com :)
it is so much fun!
krista

Michellefinaz said...

I just like using the Nestle Tollhouse recipe for Choco Chip cookies that is on their bag. Don't mess with greatness, that is my motto.

Tyler's antlers are so cute, I can't wait until my boys are old enough to write letters to Santa Claus and Hanukkah Harry (made up, I think).

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online