My mouth feels like rubber!!
You know when you have one of those days that you think will go one way and then it blindsides you and turns into a completely different day than you expected? Well that was my Thursday. It started out with Timmy crying from pain in his tooth. Well, he had been complaining but we thought it was no big deal because he was just at the Dentist for his check up but he was really crying so I made an emergency appt. Couldn't get in until 4pm but when we did the Dr. said if he had gone any longer he would have had to have a root canal - typical Timmy he must have a high pain tolerance along with his high tolerance to not do what his parents ask. So they set him up to have a filling and he is squeezing us in between patients so we have to wait and Timmy is just lying back in the chair watching tv with this weird clown nose thing on his face for the laughing gas. I brought a book (thank goodness) so I am reading and everything is peaceful when all of a sudden I hear this "MY FACE FEELS LIKE RUBBER". Now for those of you that know my older son you know he is unusually loud plus with headphones on he couldn't hear himself so he was extra loud. So I jump and pratically drop my book and then I hear all this laughing and the rest of the staff start coming out of their offices to look at who made this unusually loud statement. One hygenist is laughing so hard she is crying. Glad my offspring could entertain them! Timmy never ceases to amaze me.
Then while the Dr. is doing the procedure he gets all chatty and starts rehashing old teenage stories involving my husband and a mutual friend (yes our Dentist is an old friend of my husband's) which is really strange in itself because I have been going to him for over 5 years and he has never been this chatty (think he borrowed some of Timmy's laughing gas). So it's just a weird moment hearing old drinking stories of my husband (which is so NOT like him now and weird in itself) from the Dentist that is a "professional" and working on my son. I guess he just wanted to go down memory lane at that particular moment.
So it all ended well and Timmy is doing great and I recovered from my 2 1/2 hour Dentist trip! :-)
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am a Typist.

1 comment:
Kent, I the dentist. Glad to hear you all made it through. :)
Post a Comment