The wait game
Today I had a Dr. visit to check out a growth on my back. She decided to do a biopsy since I already had Melanoma once. Hard to believe that almost a year ago to date I had surgery to remove Melenoma from my arm. As I am sitting in the Dr's office (waiting!), I think - wow what if I get that phone call again and am told I have Melenoma (again!)? It was such a surreal moment before and I wonder if I would feel the same way or just be like okay well here we go again with another surgery. Now a year later, I have a 4 inch scar on my arm as a reminder (even though I am really glad it healed up really nice) of what I went rhough and I am wondering if more scars will be added. The Dr. said it could take at least 4 weeks for the results of the biopsy.
On a lighter note - the Dr. reminded me of Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter. She was thin, short with red hair and old with these big round eyes and round glasses. Wonder if she can predict what the results will be? :-)
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am a Typist.

2 comments:
AHHHH... what do the biopsy people do that they get so behind!!!! KILLS ME, you'll be in my prayers KEnt!
oh kent. i am praying for you!! ugh, i hate waiting for things like this. in this day & age you would think that news like this would get to us faster!
Post a Comment