Tuesday, September 27, 2005






Trip to Yosemite

My HS friend Janna was in town for her yearly work conference so after that we all headed over the Pine Moutain Lake and Yosemite for a couple of days. She has been coming out here every year for the last 5 years so it has been fun to stay in touch with her and her work pays for the ticket! :-) Yosemite was beautiful even though there wasn't any water coming off the falls. While Janna and her husband Chris took the tram tour, Matt and I and the kids decided to do some hiking (what were we thinking). We were doing fine until we came with the brilliant idea to corss a stream and hike up a rocky hill (off the path) and join the Vernal Falls trail. As soon as we hit this very steep trail, Tyler started a marathon whining session. For a kid that can run super fast, he all of a sudden couldn't put one foot in front of the other. We even passed an 80 year old man coming the other way and Tyler stepped dead in his tracks to stare. I told him if that guy can do you can! (and by the way - way to go old guy - I hope I am like you when I am 80). That motivational speech did not last long though and we only made it to the bridge (.8 miles but all uphill). It was beautiful anyway and we want to go back in the spring to camp inside the grounds.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm with him, Yosemite sure is pretty, but it makes me TIRED. Beautiful trip though, very jealous.

Anonymous said...

aww, look at your boys!! great pics kent! can't wait to see your layouts!! i'm sure you bought goodies for them on saturday!!

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

cute pictures! and the hiking story made me LOL...i hope my parents didnt think it was cause of the sad movie they're watching {since our laptops in the same room :P}

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online