Friday, September 30, 2005



WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!

So Tyler comes up to me last week and says we need to send a backpack to the kids that lost their homes from the hurricane. I didn't really understand what he was saying until he pestered me again and said he saw it on tv so I put two and two together and realized their cartoon channel, Nickelodeon was doing a "We've got your back" campaign. You can ship filled backpacks to a high school in Louisiana and they will be distributed to displaced students from hurricane Katrina and Rita. I thought I better jump on this - my 5 year old son taking the initiative to do something for others less fortunate?! How incredible! So we stuffed one of his backpacks (he somehow has 4 of them) with a marker set, stuffed animal, pencils, paper etc. and I did one too. We shipped them out yesterday. I think as a mother one of the greatest atributes I want to instill in my boys is compassion for others and the desire to do things for those less fortunate. It was nice to see Tyler want to do this all on his own!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I think it's great how kids have gotten involved in this. SEE what happens when our kids watch a lot of TV? :)
Hilary

Anonymous said...

this is so great kent!! thanks for forwarding those links...i'm doing it!! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online